Acceptance Of Terms Through Use
The IFAnet Service primarily consists of the http://www.ifanet.co.za Internet site and related services such as Email Newsletters.
IFAnet may discontinue or alter any service level or aspect of the Service at any time, without notice, without liability and at IFAnet’s sole discretion.
IFAnet reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of this site, with or without notice.
Rules Of User Conduct
By posting information in or otherwise using any communications service, chat room, message board, newsgroup, software library, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this site, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content—including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information—that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortuous, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals);
- Victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (also known as “Spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party; or
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of IFAnet.
You further agree that you will not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from a minor (anyone under 18 yrs old). Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number or name of their school.
IFAnet generally does not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of communications services, chat rooms, message boards, newsgroups, software libraries, or other interactive services that may be available on or through this site. However, IFAnet and its agents have the right at their sole discretion to remove any content that, in IFAnet’s judgment, does not comply with the this agreement or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. IFAnet is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
Third Party Sites
This site may produce automated search results or otherwise link you to other sites on the Internet. These sites may contain information or material that some people may find inappropriate or offensive. These other sites are not under the control of IFAnet, and you acknowledge that IFAnet is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the site by IFAnet or any association with its operators.
As noted above, reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on this site is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of IFAnet. Permission is granted only when certain limited criteria are met.
By posting or submitting content to this site, you:
- Grant IFAnet and its affiliates and licensees the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose; and
- Warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting and use of your content by IFAnet will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about the users or members of this site or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.
Procedure For Making Claims Of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify IFAnet and provide the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the website where it is posted or the name of the book in which it has been published.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location on this site where the material that you claim is infringing is located; you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement by you that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
All materials, information, software, products, and services included in or available through this site (the “content”) are provided “as is” and “as available” for your use. The content is provided without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or noninfringement. IFAnet, its subsidiaries, and its licensors do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that this site will be available at any particular time or location; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the content is free of viruses or other harmful components. Your use of this site is solely at your risk. Because some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of certain warranties, these exclusions may not apply to you.
Limitation Of Liability
Under no circumstances shall IFAnet, its subsidiaries, or its licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, this site. This limitation applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if IFAnet has been advised of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, IFAnet’s liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
Upon a request by IFAnet, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless IFAnet and its subsidiary and other affiliated companies, and their employees, contractors, officers, and directors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this site. IFAnet reserves the right, at it own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with IFAnet in asserting any available defences.
IFAnet makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use in locations outside South Africa , and accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.